: PT. Telkom Indonesia - Invest Bandung

PT. Telkom Indonesia

About Telkomgroup


PT Telkom Indonesia (Persero) Tbk (Telkom) is a State-Owned Enterprise (BUMN) which is engaged in information and communication technology (ICT) services and telecommunications networks in Indonesia. Telkom's majority shareholder is the Government of the Republic of Indonesia with 52.09%, while the remaining 47.91% is controlled by the public. Telkom's shares are traded on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) with the code “TLKM” and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) with the code“TLK”.

In an effort to transform into digital telecommunication company, TelkomGroup implements a customer-oriented business strategy and company operations (customer-oriented). This transformation will make the TelkomGroup organization more lean (slim) dan agile (agile) in adapting to changes in the telecommunications industry that are taking place very quickly. The new organization is also expected to increase efficiency and effectiveness in creating customer experience quality ones.

TelkomGroup's business activities grow and change along with the development of technology, information and digitalization, but are still in the corridor of the telecommunications and information industry. This can be seen from the line of business that continues to develop complementing legacy pre-existing.

From now on, Telkom has divided its business into 3 Digital Business Domains:

  1. Digital Connectivity: Fiber to the x (FTTx), 5G, Software Defined Networking (SDN)/ Network Function Virtualization (NFV)/ Satellite
  2. Digital Platform: Data Center, Cloud, Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data/ Artificial Intelligence (AI), Cybersecurity
  3. Digital Services: Enterprise, Consumer


To answer the challenges of the digital industry, to support national digitization and to internalize the transformation agenda, Telkom has redefined its Purpose, Vision, and Mission.


Realizing a more prosperous and competitive nation and providing the best added value for stakeholders.


To become the digital telco of choice to advance society


  1. Accelerate the development of infrastructure and smart digital platforms that are sustainable, economical, and accessible to the entire community.
  2. Develop superior digital talent that helps drive the nation's digital capabilities and digital adoption rate.
  3. Orchestrate the digital ecosystem to provide the best customer digital experience



Hold fast to the trust given 
Continue to learn and develop capabilities
Caring for each other and respecting differences
Dedicated and prioritizing the interests of the Nation and the State
Continue to innovate and enthusiastic in moving or facing change 
Building a synergistic collaboration



Strengthen National Telecommunication Access, Build Indonesia's Digital Society

In the course of its history, Telkom has gone through various business dynamics and gone through several phases of change, namely the emergence of telephones, changes in the service organization which was the birth of Telkom, the growth of cellular technology, the development of the digital era, international business expansion, and transformation into a digital-based telecommunications company.

1882 – Phone Appear

In 1882, the emergence of the telephone rivaled the postal and telegraph services that were previously used in 1856. The presence of the telephone made people increasingly choose to use this new technology. At that time, many private companies held a telephone business. This large number of players made the telephone industry grow faster: by 1892 telephones were in use long distances and by 1929 they were connected internationally.

1965 – The birth of Telkom

In 1961, the Government of Indonesia established the State Post and Telecommunications Company (PN Postel).

However, in line with the rapid development of telephone and telex services, the Government of Indonesia issued PP. 30 dated July 6, 1965 to separate the postal and telecommunications industries in PN Postel: PN Pos and Giro and PN Telekomunikasi.

With this separation, each company can focus on managing its own business portfolio. The formation of this PN Telecommunications became the forerunner of Telkom today. Since 2016, Telkom management has set the date 6 July 1965 as Telkom's birthday.

1995 – The Growth of Mobile Technology