PT Len Industri (Persero) is currently under the coordination of the Ministry of State-Owned Enterprises with 100% share ownership by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia. During this time, Len has developed business and products in the field of electronics for industry and infrastructure, and has shown various experiences in the field of electronics :
- Railway Signaling System on various main railway lines in Java and Sumatra.
- Development of urban transport in big cities such as South Sumatra LRT, Jakarta LRT, Jabodebek LRT and Soekarno Hatta Airport Skytrain Jakarta.
- The telecommunications infrastructure network that has been stretched both in big cities and remote areas. One of them is the Central Package Palapa Ring which connects 17 districts of Central Indonesia so that people can enjoy broadband.
- Electronics for defense, both land, sea, and air. Radar, Tactical Radio, Combat Management System (CMS) on warships, are some of the flagship products in the spectrum of the defense business.
- Solar Power Plants that have been installed in various parts of Indonesia.
- Weather Radar, Earthquake Monitoring Station, Broadcasting (TV and Radio Transmitters) that have been installed in various regions in Indonesia.
Len was founded in 1965 under the name LEN (National Electrotechnical Institute). Then transformed into a State-Owned Enterprise (BUMN) in 1991. Since then Len is no longer an extension of the National Electrotechnical Institute (LEN), but has become a professional business entity under the name PT Len Industri (Persero).